Articles on this Page
- 11/05/15--03:00: _Credit Card Skimmin...
- 02/24/16--21:55: _Guardians of the Go...
- 03/30/16--07:26: _Breaking News in th...
- 05/02/16--21:59: _Credit Card Skimmin...
- 07/20/16--08:14: _Breaking News in th...
- 09/26/16--07:52: _Breaking News in th...
- 10/11/16--21:58: _The Fundamentals of...
- 06/27/16--07:17: _Breaking News in th...
- 11/10/16--08:01: _Breaking News in th...
- 07/27/17--07:40: _Breaking News in th...
- 07/28/17--07:14: _Breaking News in th...
- 07/31/17--08:51: _Breaking News in th...
- 07/31/17--08:54: _Deputy, Loss Preven...
- 08/01/17--08:46: _Breaking News in th...
- 08/01/17--09:18: _Suspect Pulls Knife...
- 08/02/17--08:47: _Breaking News in th...
- 08/02/17--09:28: _Off-Duty Police Off...
- 08/03/17--07:46: _CA Woman Arrested, ...
- 08/03/17--07:50: _Breaking News in th...
- 08/04/17--08:40: _Shoplifting Traffic...
- 11/05/15--03:00: Credit Card Skimming Ring Arrested in Michigan
- 03/30/16--07:26: Breaking News in the Industry: March 30, 2016
- Retailers Must Embrace Smartphone Tech... Or Else
- Finalists Named for 2016 CFI of the Year
- Investigators Break Into San Bernardino iPhone
- Thieves Go On Shoplifting Spree in Glasgow
- Three Arrested for Alleged Pump Skimming Scheme
- Cargo Theft Topped Supply Chain Risk List in 2015
- 05/02/16--21:59: Credit Card Skimming: A Crime against the Brand
- 07/20/16--08:14: Breaking News in the Industry: July 20, 2016
- Embezzlement Study: a Report
- Credit card skimming increased 546 percent
- Portuguese ORC gang stole £50k in raids
- The end of retail returns?
- Upskirting not a crime in Georgia stores
- New Director of Loss Prevention
- 09/26/16--07:52: Breaking News in the Industry: September 26, 2016
- Police arrest suspect in mall shooting
- Attempted killing of Texas judge
- Armed subject found dead after shots fired
- Questions Unanswered After Yahoo Data Breach
- 7K worth of ink pens stolen
- Brinks employee steals over $30k
- Who says crime doesn't pay?
- 10/11/16--21:58: The Fundamentals of Credit Card Skimmer Fraud
- 06/27/16--07:17: Breaking News in the Industry: June 27, 2016
- NY ORC bill signed
- Heroin operation found in candy shop
- 400 iPads stolen from store
- Man Sentenced in Retail Theft Scheme
- $500K jewelry heist
- Huge Credit card skimming case
- Pet store theft solved
- 11/10/16--08:01: Breaking News in the Industry: November 10, 2016
- What President Trump means for retailers
- Worst cyber crime in UK history
- 90% of employees violate data policies
- FBI Warns Internet Attacks Will Continue
- Seizure of Counterfeit Goods in S. Africa
- Credit card skimming ring
- Shoplifter stashed 49 items in his pants
- 2017 IAI Elite Training Day
- 07/27/17--07:40: Breaking News in the Industry: July 27, 2017
- Dallas Cowboy cleared... oops!
- Employee's $1M embezzlement
- Prison for CC fraudster
- 6B records stolen so far
- Diversionary tactics
- Extradited from FL to TX
- 07/28/17--07:14: Breaking News in the Industry: July 28, 2017
- Counterfeit toys seized in port
- Employee stealing electronics
- Florida lottery sting
- South leads in gun thefts
- Reported cargo theft down $35M
- UTC employee arrested
- 07/31/17--08:51: Breaking News in the Industry: July 31, 2017
- Jail for ORC ring in MI
- Cop helps out shoplifting mom
- Who makes the most sales PSF?
- TX ORC ring busted
- Fresh, clean, counterfeiting
- BTS: Malls still rule
- 07/31/17--08:54: Deputy, Loss Prevention Associate Assaulted, Hospitalized
- 08/01/17--08:46: Breaking News in the Industry: August 1, 2017
- 100 counts of fraud
- Burglary "mastermind" arrested"
- Dead trooper's ID stolen
- LP Worldwide: Cargo theft
- LP threatened with gun
- Seattle Hacker: It's personal
- Going postal with fraud
- 08/01/17--09:18: Suspect Pulls Knife Stolen from Store on LP Team
- 08/02/17--08:47: Breaking News in the Industry: August 2, 2017
- Recovering deputy update
- Bar tab $80K in CC fraud
- Police let it go
- Leftover data breach funds
- Moving truck theft update
- Counterfeit text boos
- Mexican truckers plead for help
- 08/02/17--09:28: Off-Duty Police Officer Fatally Shoots Suspected Shoplifter
- 08/03/17--07:46: CA Woman Arrested, Accused of Shoplifting; Trying to Run over LP
- 08/03/17--07:50: Breaking News in the Industry: August 3, 2017
- $300K ORC ring busted
- Employee fraud returns scheme
- Ole' Miss players arrested
- Foil lined bag
- $2M employee theft
- No bonus for you!
- 08/04/17--08:40: Shoplifting Traffic Stop Turns Fatal
Eight suspects who were allegedly involved in credit card skimming operations in western Michigan are now being charged in federal court. The suspects face charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, wire fraud, and access device fraud.
According to police, the fraudsters hid credit card skimmers at gas stations in small towns throughout southwest Michigan. When
While loss prevention may be a universal focus for retail organizations, the way that the loss prevention program is approached and implemented can provide us wide a wide spectrum of possibilities and a broad scope of challenges based on the particular type of organization. Here we will take a closer look at the security and
The post Guardians of the Golden Arches: The McDonald’s U.S. Security and Loss Prevention Program appeared first on LPM.
Editor’s Note: The following article provides an excellent narrative regarding the ongoing concerns associated with credit card skimming. As retailers and companies issuing credit cards in the United States continue to move forward with chip-and-pin and/or chip-and-signature technology, many of the issues associated with credit card skimming may be resolved. However, while technologies have continued
A credit card skimmer is a device by which thieves and fraudsters steal credit card information. Often these events will occur in the retail setting, but there are other ways and means by which the devices can be used to steal information from card owners for criminal purposes as well. Unfortunately, all it requires is
Around 11:00 PM on Saturday, police reports say that a man assaulted a Kalamazoo County Deputy and loss prevention associate with a metal flashlight. The suspect, who wasn’t identified in the story, had been stopped on suspicion of shoplifting.Authorities say that the LP associate was trying to detain the suspect, when the Deputy tried to
The post Deputy, Loss Prevention Associate Assaulted, Hospitalized appeared first on LPM.
A 62-year-old transient man in Califonia was arrested after allegedly stealing merchandise from Walmart and using that merchandise against the store loss prevention associates confronting him, according to Napa police.
After putting more than $300 worth of merchandise into a shopping cart, the subject, later identified as Mark Leray Vroman, exited the store with the merchandise,
A suspected shoplifter was fatally shot to death by an off-duty, Baltimore County police officer who was working security. The officer was in full uniform but did not have a body camera, when he suspected the man of not paying for detergent at a local supermarket. The officer approached the man, who’s name hasn’t been
The post Off-Duty Police Officer Fatally Shoots Suspected Shoplifter appeared first on LPM.
Police arrested a woman accused of a robbery at a retail store in Palm Springs, then assaulting store loss prevention associates and trying to run them over with her car Monday afternoon. 38-year-old, Cathedral City resident Rachel Sample was arrested after allegedly stealing items from the Palm Springs Walmart, then assaulting and trying to run over
The post CA Woman Arrested, Accused of Shoplifting; Trying to Run over LP appeared first on LPM.
A Hammond, Louisiana, man was in critical condition Wednesday with severe head trauma and a Tickfaw man left dead after a suspected shoplifting traffic stop ended in a wreck. Brandon McKay, 30, of Hammond was the passenger in the red SUV that caught fire after climbing an embankment and striking an overpass bridge Tuesday evening,